Are you ready to sell your house? Is your house ready to sell?
If the answer to the first question is yes and the answer to the second question is no, then here are some tips to get you ready!
1. Pay attention to the outside of your house – we spend so much time thinking about the interior of our home that we often forget about the exterior. Sprucing up the landscaping, replacing an old mailbox or painting the shutters can help to entice potential buyers to come inside. Remember, you only have one chance to make a first impression!
2. Declutter – clutter eats equity!!! If a house is cluttered, buyers cannot get a sense of architectural details, traffic flow, furniture placement and other important factors that can lead to an offer.
3. Clean your house – clean houses are appealing, dirty ones are not! You want buyers to get a sense that the house is well-maintained.
4. Depersonalize – interested buyers have come to look at your house, not your possessions. If there are a variety of family pictures, collectibles or other personal items they may get distracted by them and not pay attention to the details of your house.
5. Hire an Accredited Staging Professional (ASP) – this will put you ahead of the competition. A house staged by an ASP spends an average of 29 days on the market versus 145 days for a non-staged house. ASP’s are dedicated professionals who have studied the proven and successful techniques of staging homes.
Maria Tobin, ASP is owner and principal stager at Staged for Success. She provides vacant and occupied staging services in the Lake Norman and greater Charlotte area.