People chose real estate agents for a variety of reasons.
Sometimes they choose based on past experience; sometimes it’s because they saw an ad; other times it’s because of a personal recommendation from a friend. All too often, people pick brokers without giving too much thought to the reason they’re choosing them, or about the ways in which particular brokers may offer certain benefits. Selling or buying a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll make in your life, why shouldn’t you give some serious thought to who you choose to partner with you during these transactions?
Real estate teams are growing in popularity across the country and for good reason. Keller Williams Realty is one of the more team-centric agencies in the world and its agents say they love the camaraderie of the team atmosphere, rather than the competition of working essentially as individual brands.
So, if you’re thinking of buying or selling a home, why should you think very seriously about working with a real estate team? There are plenty of reasons. Here are just a few:
- The #1 benefit of working with a team of agents is that at any point, the client has several professionals, each with their own strengths, at their fingertips. For example, perhaps their primary Listing Specialist has a question about lot lines…they can simply consult with the rest of the team for an educated consensus on the issue before proceeding.
- Each member of a real estate team has a different set of skills. Some teams, like On the Move Charlotte, have dedicated technical and administrative support which means the individual agents won’t get bogged down in time-consuming logistics and in turn will be more available to assist with real estate-specific questions and needs.
- Teams typically have buyer and seller agents on board. If you’re a seller, working with an agent who’s part of a team may open doors to ready buyers looking for a home exactly like yours. In this sense, transactions often happen faster and more smoothly since everything’s accomplished within one team of professionals.
- More “hands on deck” means more marketing for your home. Each agent can market (and search for) homes using their own databases and training. It’s never a bad thing to have several people with different perspectives working on your behalf.
- Traditional real estate agents report working 40-80 hours a week, on average. That means, particularly if you’re a client working with a “high-profile” agent, you may not be getting the attention you deserve. Teams are able to work more efficiently and have the ability to compensate for one another when times get busy or overwhelming.
- In today’s hyper-competitive market, a few hours can make all the difference. If you’re working with an independent agent and they’re in a training seminar all day, who’s around to show you the house down the street that just hit the market? There may be multiple offers on that house by the time you get a return phone call. Working with a team means there’s always someone available to tend to your time-specific needs.
- In general, clients who work with teams say they feel they get superior customer service. They’re not being “juggled” with other clients – they’re always the sole focus of someone on the team at any given time.
…you get the idea.
Essentially, teams allow clients to tap into the potential of several real estate experts rather than just one. No matter how amazing any individual agent is, there are only so many hours in the day to focus on separate clients, and the more popular traditional agents become the less time they have to devote to each client. Teams are the solution.
So, the next time you’re ready to buy, sell, or invest in a home, why not consider a real estate team like On the Move Charlotte? Getting a plethora of real estate professionals at your service for the same price as one? That just makes good sense.
If you’ve got questions about the dynamics of working with a real estate team, contact Leigh Bryant and her team of go-getters at On the Move Charlotte. They’re ready to help you buy, sell, and everything in between.
- Welcome to the Team, Jen Fralin! - 03/02/2017
- One of Charlotte’s Premiere Luxury Homes is On the Market - 11/02/2016
- DIY Security Tips to Keep Burglars at Bay [Infographic] - 09/28/2016
- Sellers: Stats that Prove Why KW Southpark is Charlotte’s Choice - 09/20/2016
- 3 Reasons Now is the Time to Sell Your Home in Charlotte - 06/27/2016
- Check Out Our New Logo! - 06/14/2016
- Welcome to the Team, Chelsea Ashworth! - 06/08/2016
- Charlotte – One of America’s Fastest Moving Housing Markets - 05/16/2016
- KW Family Reunion 2016: What We Learned - 02/24/2016
- Infographic: 6 Reasons Everyone is Moving to Charlotte - 02/15/2016