There are a lot of big changes going on in Charlotte’s real estate market. Not only is inventory increasing steadily, homes are selling higher than they were at this point last year.
If you still doubt the real estate market is making a comeback, you’ve got to see the numbers below.
Now’s the time to sell AND buy, a rarity in real estate – contact On the Move today to get started!
From July 2012 to July 2013, the number of closed sales in the CLT market has risen 33%, from 2,651 closes to 3,527 closes.That’s incredible growth.
During that same period, the median sales price of homes in the Charlotte area rose by nearly 9%.
In the last year, the number of days homes stayed on the market in Charlotte until they were sold went down by 17.6%. That’s the difference between 12 weeks and 15 weeks on the market until a sale.
There were 20.7% more listings on the Charlotte market in July 2013 than there were in July 2012. Inventory is on the rise which is creating a current sweet spot for sellers.
2.4% is more substantial that it seems. It’s how much more houses are now closing for in Charlotte relative to their asking price than they were in July 2012. The average sale in Charlotte right now gets 94.7% of its listing price.
All this data means that now is the time to sell. There have been few times in Charlotte’s history when it’s been a better market for sellers, but with inventory on the rise a buyer’s market isn’t far behind. If you’ve been considering selling your home, now is the time.
Call On the Move Charlotte today to get started listing your house!
- Welcome to the Team, Jen Fralin! - 03/02/2017
- One of Charlotte’s Premiere Luxury Homes is On the Market - 11/02/2016
- DIY Security Tips to Keep Burglars at Bay [Infographic] - 09/28/2016
- Sellers: Stats that Prove Why KW Southpark is Charlotte’s Choice - 09/20/2016
- 3 Reasons Now is the Time to Sell Your Home in Charlotte - 06/27/2016
- Check Out Our New Logo! - 06/14/2016
- Welcome to the Team, Chelsea Ashworth! - 06/08/2016
- Charlotte – One of America’s Fastest Moving Housing Markets - 05/16/2016
- KW Family Reunion 2016: What We Learned - 02/24/2016
- Infographic: 6 Reasons Everyone is Moving to Charlotte - 02/15/2016