Cotswold is one of the most popular residential neighborhoods in Charlotte.
Originally developed in the 1950s and 1960s, the Cotswold neighborhood in South Charlotte is experiencing a resurgence in popularity! With tons of shops and restaurants, great public schools, and close proximity to Uptown, first-time home buyers as well as move-up buyers are flocking to Cotswold in droves.
A few of the best features of the Cotswold neighborhood include…
Cotswold Village Shops:
Originally known as the Cotswold Mall, the Cotswold Village Shops, better known as the “Cotswold shopping center” was Charlotte’s first suburban mall. It now houses one of the larges Harris Teeters in town, several restaurants, and over a dozen different retail stores. Cotswold’s shopping center is truly the anchor of the neighborhood and is within a very short drive to most of the residential streets in the area.
Cotswold is a very family-friendly neighborhood which s evidenced by its close location to so many Mecklenburg County parks. Grayson Skate Park and Randolph Road Park are both adjacent, and Oakhurst Park is actually within the bounds of the neighborhood.
One of the neatest things about Cotswold is its variety of home styles. Many 50s and 60s style homes are being flipped and remodeled and there are plenty of split-level and two-story beauties here that have been meticulously maintained. Most of the houses in Cotswold have larger-than-average lots and plenty of mature landscaping to boot. It’s a beautiful place to live.
Cotswold feeds into some of the best public schools in the city including Cotswold Elementary School and Randolph Road Middle. There are a handful of renowned private schools just a short drive from the area and even some smaller Montessori and Christian academies within the neighborhood itself.
The Cotswold community has a distinctly warm feel, and the neighborhood association does a great job providing necessary services for the area. Bordering some of Charlotte’s most exclusive areas such as Eastover and Myers Park, Cotswold truly couldn’t be in a better location. A short drive from Uptown, close to I-77, and now even offering some multi-family living infill projects, Cotswold is the best of all worlds in Charlotte.
Get the scoop on Cotswold from your On the Move Charlotte team!
Contact On the Move Charlotte today to talk about buying or selling in the Cotswold area.
- Welcome to the Team, Jen Fralin! - 03/02/2017
- One of Charlotte’s Premiere Luxury Homes is On the Market - 11/02/2016
- DIY Security Tips to Keep Burglars at Bay [Infographic] - 09/28/2016
- Sellers: Stats that Prove Why KW Southpark is Charlotte’s Choice - 09/20/2016
- 3 Reasons Now is the Time to Sell Your Home in Charlotte - 06/27/2016
- Check Out Our New Logo! - 06/14/2016
- Welcome to the Team, Chelsea Ashworth! - 06/08/2016
- Charlotte – One of America’s Fastest Moving Housing Markets - 05/16/2016
- KW Family Reunion 2016: What We Learned - 02/24/2016
- Infographic: 6 Reasons Everyone is Moving to Charlotte - 02/15/2016