Is there any better time to live in Charlotte than the Spring?
The azaleas are blooming, the birds are chirping, and after such a bad winter we’re already starting to see people out and about in droves the second the temperature hits 60. Many of the Queen City’s best events are held in the springtime thanks to the beautiful weather and extra hours of daylight. Here are just a few of our favorite.
Kings Drive Arts Walk
An offshoot of Freedom Park’s Fall Festival, the Kings Drive Art Walk will be held on April 26th at 10:00am. Attendees will find local art, food, and performances all along the Greenway, one of Charlotte’s coolest outdoor features. Other spring arts festivals will be taking place over the next few months, too, including the Spring into Arts Festival in Concord (May 3rd) and the Arts in the Garden Tour at the Mint Museum (April 26th).
South Carolina Strawberry Festival
For years, Fort Mill’s been hosting one of the premier strawberry festivals in the country. This year’s South Carolina Strawberry Festival will be held on May 2nd and 3rd and includes all kinds of fun family-friendly events. There are always a few great musical acts and, of course, all the strawberries you can eat. The Charlotte area grows some great produce, that’s for sure!
We are SO excited to take in a Knights game at the brand new BB&T Ballpark in Uptown! Opening day is April 11th but there are games scheduled all throughout the spring. Charlotte’s very own Lacrosse team, the Hounds, play in Midtown all spring, too, and their games are inexpensive and highly enjoyable. Of course, you could play sports rather than watch them at one of the city’s many public parks. Tennis, golf, and volleyball are all popular around town this time of year.
FreeMoreWest 5K on the Greenway
If you haven’t heard of FreeMoreWest yet, you will. It’s the combined neighborhood identity of Freedom/Morehead/West End and the area’s hosting it’s own FreeMoreWest 5K this year right on the Greenway on April 18th. There are tons of races going on in and around Charlotte this spring including the CPCC Skyline Run, the Memorial Day Trail Race at the USNWWC, and the ever-popular charity event Race to the Top where hundreds climb Duke Energy’s 50 first floors.
Of course, there are plenty of individual things to get into here in Charlotte at any time:
- Go for a a long walk through Dilworth, Elizabeth, or Myers Park to look at the beautiful trees in bloom
- Head Uptown for an outdoor concert at the green
- Drive to nearby King’s Mountain for a hike
- Rent a boat for the afternoon at Lake Norman or Lake Wylie
- Play a round of golf at one of Charlotte dozens of fantastic courses
There’s really nothing not to love about Charlotte this time of year. We’re sure your neighborhood’s got its own fun springtime activities…tell us what we missed in the comments below!
- Welcome to the Team, Jen Fralin! - 03/02/2017
- One of Charlotte’s Premiere Luxury Homes is On the Market - 11/02/2016
- DIY Security Tips to Keep Burglars at Bay [Infographic] - 09/28/2016
- Sellers: Stats that Prove Why KW Southpark is Charlotte’s Choice - 09/20/2016
- 3 Reasons Now is the Time to Sell Your Home in Charlotte - 06/27/2016
- Check Out Our New Logo! - 06/14/2016
- Welcome to the Team, Chelsea Ashworth! - 06/08/2016
- Charlotte – One of America’s Fastest Moving Housing Markets - 05/16/2016
- KW Family Reunion 2016: What We Learned - 02/24/2016
- Infographic: 6 Reasons Everyone is Moving to Charlotte - 02/15/2016