How much do you know about your property tax rate?
Which North Carolina county you live in and the size of your home are just few of the factors that help determine your tax rate. In Mecklenburg county, property taxes for the 2014 year are due on September 1st which is coming up quick! (But don’t worry, you have until January to pay them without penalty.)
Your tax rate is liable to change every year, but they usually don’t change quite that often thanks to the red tape involved. Many Charlotte residents were surprised and excited to hear earlier this year that the city plans to meet its $2.1 billion dollar budget without property tax hikes, although the rates went up about 7% last year.
And of course, give us a call if you’ve got more questions! We can walk you through your own property tax situation and also help you find a home in a more favorable tax district if you prefer.
We’re here to help.
- Welcome to the Team, Jen Fralin! - 03/02/2017
- One of Charlotte’s Premiere Luxury Homes is On the Market - 11/02/2016
- DIY Security Tips to Keep Burglars at Bay [Infographic] - 09/28/2016
- Sellers: Stats that Prove Why KW Southpark is Charlotte’s Choice - 09/20/2016
- 3 Reasons Now is the Time to Sell Your Home in Charlotte - 06/27/2016
- Check Out Our New Logo! - 06/14/2016
- Welcome to the Team, Chelsea Ashworth! - 06/08/2016
- Charlotte – One of America’s Fastest Moving Housing Markets - 05/16/2016
- KW Family Reunion 2016: What We Learned - 02/24/2016
- Infographic: 6 Reasons Everyone is Moving to Charlotte - 02/15/2016