What a whirlwind!
We (Leigh and Michelle) just got back from another successful trip to Keller Williams’ annual “Family Reunion” event, this year held in Phoenix, AZ. Every year the sessions and events get better and better and this year it was sold out early with over 10,000 thousand associates in attendance. It’s always fun to see old friends from around the country and we always learn lots of new things we can bring back to our own clients in Charlotte.
Here’s a quick rundown of the week’s highlights to catch you up!
We learned that:
- In 2013, Keller Williams added 15,000 associates. That’s astounding!
- Sales volume was up over 30% last year within KW – to $158 billion!
- There were KW reps from 24 countries in attendance and a new Dubai office was announced
- In 2013, KW Cares gave associates and their families over $2.5 million in assistance, helping with everything from health-related costs to natural disasters.
We sat in on a variety of classes and sessions designed to shore-up our industry skills. There were tons of interesting topics covered (we loved the tips on maximizing online exposure) and classes were either buyer- or listing-focused. We learned some W.O.W. customer service tips to keep our clients smiling and great thoughts on creating listings that stand out in a crowd. We’re really, really excited to implement everything we’ve learned and hit the ground running this spring with renewed focus and energy!
As Gary Keller says, “The most entrepreneurial people often first show up as troublemakers.”
One of our favorite things about working at KW is the company’s dedication to giving back.
This year’s event ended with an “Inspirational Brunch” featuring several amazing people:
“[KW] welcomed brothers Titus and Tobias Bass, accompanied by their mother Contessa. 11-year-old Tobias has made it his mission to push, pull and swim his older brother, who was born with Cerebral Palsy, through an Ironman Competition. We were all so moved by this young boy’s drive and determination, many made donations on site to Tobias’ cause to help him purchase the equipment needed for this race as well as potentially start a college fund for the bright young man.”
Click here for a video of the Bass brothers’ amazing story.
Also included were appearances by Gerry Nicks, a CA KW associate who’s KW training helped his paralyzed daughter afford life-changing treatment, and Tim Harris, owner of “Tim’s Place” restaurant and sufferer of down syndrome. It was truly an uplifting morning!
All in all it was an amazing, exhausting, exhilarating few days but we’re glad to be home to our families and our Charlotte clients. That being said, we’re already counting down the days until next year’s Family Reunion in Orlando!
- Welcome to the Team, Jen Fralin! - 03/02/2017
- One of Charlotte’s Premiere Luxury Homes is On the Market - 11/02/2016
- DIY Security Tips to Keep Burglars at Bay [Infographic] - 09/28/2016
- Sellers: Stats that Prove Why KW Southpark is Charlotte’s Choice - 09/20/2016
- 3 Reasons Now is the Time to Sell Your Home in Charlotte - 06/27/2016
- Check Out Our New Logo! - 06/14/2016
- Welcome to the Team, Chelsea Ashworth! - 06/08/2016
- Charlotte – One of America’s Fastest Moving Housing Markets - 05/16/2016
- KW Family Reunion 2016: What We Learned - 02/24/2016
- Infographic: 6 Reasons Everyone is Moving to Charlotte - 02/15/2016